Monday, April 14, 2008

Shaurya

Rahul Bose & Kay Kay Menon together and I was easily convinced
that Shaurya deserves a watch in theaters despite being told that
its Copied(or nicely put Inspired) from "A Few Good Men".

Ten Minutes or at max 15 minutes into the film I began feeling
out of place and started looking everywhere but the screen. Then
I was reminded of what I had read on Twitter "2nd half is good",
this gave me the patience and strength to wait for the second
half without thinking/caring too much about the first which took
its own sweet time, shabby acting and some supposedly heavy
dialogues.

Minissha Lambha whom from the begining of film I found cute alas
couldn't garner another compliment. Jaaved Jaaferi too didn't
strike any chord with his performance. Some nice landscape shots,
a couple totally uncalled for songs and some weak drama later the
film begins. Film that I wish had started some 100 mins or so back.

Filled with loopholes, weak script and screenplay Shaurya reduced
some great actors and a great film to nothingness(add almost as a
consolation). Wondering why weren't KK's dialogues for most of his
role even half as good as those towards the end.Wondering was
Rahul in the film just to fulfill his childhood dream to don the
uniform and walk the corridors in it ? What made the director
think that Mini can deliver serious dialogues n look worthy of
some seriousness?

Though I feel a situation like this is a rare possibility in the
forces I'll still give some marks to the story and some marks to
the closing scene as well, without which it would have been
impossible for Shaurya to score a 2.5/5.

No comments: