Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Are You The Favourite Person of Anybody ?

Got to know of Miranda July after watching 
Me and You and Everyone We Know  reviewed here. Obvious
that it is, she's got loads of Talent that too not just for a
particular thing or two.

"Miranda July (born February 15, 1974) is a performance artist,
musician, writer, actress and film director" --Wikipedia

Anyone whose wathced MAYAEWK can vouch for the fact that MJ
can write, act and direct beautifully and it can prove difficult to say
which one's better, MJ the actor or MJ the director.

Sample this No One Belongs Here More Than You . I haven't come
across something with creativity quotient(Aah another term gets 
coined) this high for a long time. I mean who scribbles on a stove,
takes its pics and make a tiny website of it ? Getting back to
AYTFPOF. It's a very small short film lasting 3Minutes and
57 Seconds. But this doesn't mean that it's trivial  in anysense..
There's nothing more to the movie then its title but that  itself is
quite thought rich content.

What would you say if someone out of no where asks you 
Are you the Favourite Person of Anybody ?

Lemme think it for myself...hmmmmm....The answer that comes 
Naturally is  "NO"..
How sure am i about this ? 1) Very Certain 2) Confident 
3) I think so 4) Not so sure 5) Could be..
Confident is my answer

I know it doesn't sound good but then that's the way it is, unless
there is some small kid somewhere who doesn't know much
about the world and myself and therefore has me as his/her
favourite person...Not quite practical though..

Ok now how about taking a 180 degree turn ?
Whose my Favourite Person ?

That's kinda interesting as well...Eureka...With very li'l thinking 
i found the answer and the answer is "My Mother"....
Yep, she's my favourite person..For all she's done for me and
the way she makes me feel....Love you Mom...



Things that clicked

1) The concept of the film.
2) Some many prominent people are not anyone's favourite. 
3) The 2nd responded being very certain about not being anyone's
    favourite (despite havin a g/f)..i know but still...
4) (A) I am not interested in these kind of things
     (B) what sort of things?
     (A) These things Free Love and all that..

So Are you the Favourite Person of Anybody ?

No comments: