Friday, August 10, 2007

Me, Myself and My Randomness

Dated:9th Aug

After having an okiesh day at office I left for home(with some emotional
baggage). Thought of meeting my best friend in order to talk things out
and feel better but unluckily or luckily our rendezvous couldn't happen.
Took a Cab for home from Dhaula Kuan along with 3 other people
including a stylish guy with a pony. After being lost in my own world for
10 minutes or so I started to over hear what the guy with a pony was
talking on his phone.

"Nahi yaar tu usse jaane de, agar usse khud hi galat nahi
lag raha toh theek hai" "Agar tu mera bhai hai toh usse kuch
mat bolna main tere se haath jod ke
request karta hun"

Needless to say after overhearing this I was Intrigued and started one of
my favorite time pass games "Guess, what they are talking about". Soon
I thought the better of it and thought of starting a conversation and
asking him what's wrong .

Me: Hi, I am sorry but I kinda overheard your conversation.
Waise generally speaking how comfortable would a person be
about talking his/her problems with a complete stranger ?
etc etc...
Pony Guy: Hmm Ya, at times it happens that people are so overflowing
with emotions that they can share anything with anyone even a complete stranger.
Me: blah blah
Pony Guy: blah blah

That's how we started talking and kept going on and on. He started telling
me what was he talking about on phone

"My girlfriend made a friend about 6 months back and she wants
to go n wish him birthday at 12 in the night, I feel this is not kinda
right, though she asked me to join her. I mean giving a call at night
etc is ok but going to wish someone at that hour is not ok"
"Maine toh usse mana kara hai but if she still goes then there will
be some trouble"


Honestly speaking I was anticipating something bigger given
all the issues that I have been getting to know for quite a while now.
Exchanged a few sentences about where we worked,lived etc and then
again we were talking about his problem, I also got so engrossed that
I skipped my stop and went on...
{Every time I have to make a decision like this I ask myself do I do this
regularly and since the answer is mostly NO I happily go ahead}.

Took an auto from where the Cab dropped us and then this guy
(we don't know each other's name as yet) asked me "Do you drink?"
Me: Yes but occasionally and beer mostly
Pony Guy: Beer peeni hai ?

Next 10 minutes saw us sipping a king fisher in auto, never thought
I would be drinking beer in an auto. We drank and talked till we got to
our destination.Not knowing my appetite he had got 2 beers so we
found a suitable place on the main road to finish off the other bottle.
Heart to Heart talks followed.
I Got to know more about his life story n he got to know a bit about mine
(Mind you this was the first time I opened a portion of my heart out to someone).

By now the hours hand of the clock had reached between 9 n 10 and
needless to say he was feeling lighter/better and I slightly high(drunk).
The job was done so we decided to head home and exchanged numbers
(Initially I was keen to keep it anonymous) n the icing on the cake of
coincidence was that we both shared the same surname.

Trivia:
1) I had a similar experience 6-7 months back in my previous
company with a girl working in our BPO dept.
2) Realized each couple has a unique set of issues.
3) I have this random thought of doing something of this sort
regularly in a slightly more organized manner. Lets see if
some comes about.

2 comments:

PK said...

Didnt know that being a Luv Guru was ur hobby...

Mayank said...

:)

Well it's a lot more then being just being a hobby.