Wednesday, August 01, 2007

That's how I lost my other key

It rained heavily in the evening n we(office friends) got drenched and
had "Gol Gappas"at the Green Park market..Got back to office after that,
wrapped up my work and left for home....

As expected the traffic was at its worst best..Every lane clogged and every
traffic signal choked..Took me some biking/maneuvering skills and a good 15
minutes to hit the ring road. Things were seeming to be better with running
traffic, flowing cool breeze and slight drizzle. A part of me enjoying the
weather and other driving the bike.

Zipping,Zapping and Zooming on the ring road while thinking a thousand
thoughts. From "Quippy" to "Office Work" to "Crashing Markets" to
"A friend's drinking spree" everything was bombarding my mind in an
absolutely random manner.Driving at 60+ I had crossed "Dhaula Kuan"
and was about to reach "Delhi Cant" ki red light. The signal was not
working and a cop had taken it's place to manage the traffic.

Everyone was rushing, trying to cross the signal in time when all of a sudden
the cop showed his palm at our side of traffic and as a reflex action the two
cars that were ahead of me came to a sudden halt and BANG....
My bike skidded and rammed into a Wagon-R that was just ahead of me.
My heart skipped a beat on realizing that some damage had been done by me.

Almost half a minute passed without any response from the two guys
who were inside the car..I calmed a bit and sort of instinctively started
pretending as if I had hurt my left hand(which obviously wasn't the case).
And then the guy who was sitting next to the person driving the car
came out to take a stock..To his(and my) displeasure he found that the
bumper was damaged and thus began the blame game.

He: "Yeh kya kara hai"
He(To that other guy): "Yeh toh bumper tod diya hai"
Me(Innocently): "Bhaisahab maine jaan bhoojh ke thodi na kiya hai,
aapne ek dum se break laga di"
He(Turning Red): "Aagey wale ne break maari toh maine bhi maari,
tumse break nahi lagi to tumhari galti hai"
Me(Still pretending to be Innocent): Blah Blah Blah
He: Gurr Gurr Gurr

The cop signaled "green" and horns started blaring. He then indicated the
other guy whom he kept referring as "SIR" to cross the signal and took
the keys of my bike n asked me to come to the side. I was trapped.
He sat on my bike and told me to cross the signal. I did as I was directed,
for it was me who was guilty.

We drove and I tried to wheedle out of the situation giving all sorts of
excuses but all he had to say was "Aapko iske paise dene padenge".
I didn't even consider that option as my mind had already done the
calculations and informed me that the amount in question would be some
4 digit number.So were yet to reach a solution and then I realized that I was
not even carrying the registration papers for my bike.FUCK
If he involves a cop in this, rest assured I will be screwed.

We reached Naraina market and started waiting for the guy who was driving
the car. My pillion rider got down, called up his "SIR" and started explaining
him where we were. By this time even I had started to feel irritated
and then with a BLINK I got into my helmet, started my bike and Vroooooooom

Didn't look back even once and zigzagged my way to Naraina's Traffic Signal
and from there to my locality.

God willing, I had once again managed to pull it off....

Trivia:
1) Read how I lost my first key here.
2) Stopped at near by repair shop and took tomorrow's appointment to
get back my first key.
3) Used a friend's key to lock my bike for the night.
4) Every time I start feeling sorry for that guy I wishfully think
"That guy was not the owner of the car and he was trying
to butter his so called SIR who super cool and hardly bothered".

No comments: