Sunday, May 25, 2008

Psychologies

I am particularly fond of a Q/A section in Tehelka by the
same name. In this post I'll try to answer the questions
asked in the latest issue of Tehelka(31st May) for myself.

Q1) What do you miss most about childhood ?
A1) Relaxed and easy paced life, not worrying much about
things other than studies. Simple thinking with less
responsibilities and less facades. Back then I had more time
and less things to do, these days its just the opposite.
Also, I was physically more active then.

Q2) What makes you glad that you're at this age.
A2) I can take all sorts of decisions for myself. I am
financially independent and understand things at
a much deeper level then what I could even imagine during
my childhood. Also, that I understand myself better.

Q3) What kind of people repel you?
A3) People who crib too much about things without really
making any efforts to change things. People who exploit
the weak and less fortunate. Most politicians and lastly
those who are extremely materialistic.

Q4) What is the biggest dilemma you have faced?
A4) Biggest dilemma that I've faced and still continue
to face would be "what would be the perfect way to lead the second
innings of my life and how to go about it"

Q5) So what do you think of marriage now?
A5) Firstly not everyone is supposed to get married and
secondly I feel those who decide to get married should
be mentally prepared to give what it takes to make it a
success. Its much much difficult than it sounds.

Q6) So would you prefer a live-in relationship to marriage?
A6) Hmmm.. No, I don't think so.

Q7) What would you change about yourself?
A7) I'd like to be in control of myself a bit more both emotionally
and spiritually. Also, be a better time manager.

Q8) What do you think of the Indian youth?
A8) Indian youth is going through a phase of self-discovery and
exposure to a bit too many things in very less time and
this era of "Instant Gratification" is taking its toll too. I feel
they need to think a bit about the things that they don't think
at all about to make better sense of things around.

Q9) What about the man-woman divide?
A9) It's unfortunate that there still exists this divide in
many parts of the country but I hope with time and efforts
that are going in this direction things will be better in
future.

Q10) So you think women are less empowered?
A10) If I look around then I don't think so but yes in general
I feel they are. While I feel they should be more empowered
at the same time I hope they don't loose touch their real/true
self on the path to empowerment and post it.

Q11) What would you never change about yourself?
A11) *thinking*........
Giving some quality time to myself and those close to me.
The habit of thinking a lot and without bounds. My observant
nature and ability to not loose cool in most situations and
lastly being able to act irresponsibly and kiddish whenever the
situation permits me.

I'd like to tag the following to answer the above mentioned
questions .

Faded_Glory, Kaa, Smriti,
Sanjukta

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for leaving the comment. and you have got interesting answers here. Let me try answering them :-)